Alright. So for a long time I’ve been wanting to get with it enough to start posting some recipes. The reason I think this may be a good idea is that it might make me cook. I always use stumbleupon and find these amazing pictures of food and think I’ll try that. Well guess what. I tried it. And so far, so good.. These little fellas are from www.thecrepesofwrath.wordpress.com
That just happened.
Here’s the recipe. You know you want it. It’s basically cookie dough with some graham cracker thrown in, a layer of chocolate, a layer of marshmallow, and some more cookie dough graham cracker.
S’more Cookie Bars from Baking Bites
1/2 cup butter, room temperature1/4 cup brown sugar1/2 cup sugar1 large egg1 tsp vanilla extract1 1/3 cups all purpose flour3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 graham crackers)1 tsp baking powder1/4 tsp salt2 king-sized milk chocolate bars1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and/or line an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Place chocolate bars over dough (2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate if necessary to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick).
5. Spread the marshmallow fluff over the chocolate.
6. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles or panels and laying them together).
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
If you try them, let me in on how they turn out!